PAW Manuka Wound Gel – Sterile wound dressing made from Manuka Honey ( Leptospermum sp.)
PAW Manuka Wound Gel is ideal for non healing and chronic wounds, traumatic, acute and surgical wounds, malodorous and sloughy wounds, burns and as a general first aid.
Unfortunately, at some stage, most pets whether a cat, a dog or a horse will aquire a wound (abrasion, puncture, laceration, burn). Proper wound management is essential to ensure proper healing and overall health and wellbeing of the animal. Honey, and more specifically Manuka honey has been used for centuries to treat wounds on animals and has great properties to help support good wound management.
Features & Benefits of PAW Manuka Wound Gel:
* Sterile wound dressing made from 80% Manuka honey.
* Natural nourishing oil for additional protection and to reduce stinging associated with pure honey.
* Helps maintain natural wound pH.
* Reduces and prevents contamination, external bacteria colonisation and infection.
* Non adherent helping reduce trauma at dressing change.
* Removes malodour.
* May assist in removal of slough and necrotic tissue.
* Safe if accidentally licked by the animal.
Should be used liberally and can be applied either directly to the wound or to a suitable dressing. The frequency of changing required will depend on clinical circumstances and can vary from more than once per day for draining wounds to up to 7 days for unsoiled dressings.