Otomax is used to treat bacterial infections of the outer ear in dogs. Otomax requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
• Treats both acute and chronic ear infections
• Easy to administer - has the consistency of a solution with the prolonged contact time of an ointment
How it works:
By virtue of its three active ingredients Gentamicin, Betamethasone, and Clotrimazole, Otomax ointment provides antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal activity to combat infections of the outer ear accompanied by inflammation.
Otomax may have negative interactions with other products. Disclose to your veterinarian everything you are giving your dog.
• Otomax is a prescription medication used in dogs to treat acute and chronic otitis externa (outer ear infections) associated with yeast and/or bacteria susceptible to Gentamicin.
• Otomax is an antimicrobial, corticosteroid, and antifungal combination medication.
• Otomax should not be used in pets with perforated ear drums.
Tip: Prior to use the external ear should be cleaned and dried, and excessive hair should be clipped from the treatment area.
Dogs: Under 30 lbs Apply 4 drops into the ear canal twice a day as directed by your veterinarian
Over 30 lbs Apply 8 drops into the ear canal twice a day as directed by your veterinarian
Not for use in Cats or Horses
Storage: Store this product at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
|Active Ingredients* (per gram)||Amount|
|Gentamicin Sulfate||3 mg|
|Betamethasone Valerate||1 mg|
|* Ingredients in a mineral oil-based system containing a plasticized hydrocarbon gel.|