Active Constituents: 1000µg/mL Ivermectin.
Avimec is a topical ‘drop on’ liquid for the treatment of Scaly Face Mite (Knemidokoptes pilae) in budgerigars
- Recommended for Budgerigars.
- Avimec is for external use only and is safe to use in conjunction with food additives and supplements and with other oral medications.
- Ivermectin can be used for the treatment of Air Sac mite.
- When formulated correctly the drug is absorbed through the skin and acts over about a week.
- The bird should be treated once weekly for 3 weeks.
- Treat all birds in the aviary.
- Full recovery may take up to 6 weeks
Dosage: Birds less than 1.058oz (30g) body weight apply 1 drop, birds between 1.058-3.52oz (30-100g) body weights apply 2 drops. Repeat application weekly for three doses. Place drops on an unfeathered area of skin.
The use of Ivermectin in water is dicouraged. Ivermectin as a chemical does not like water and starts to break down quickly as soon as it is added to water.
APVMA approval number: 65649/51491
|Active Constituents||1000µg/mL Ivermectin|